Tuesday, July 11, 2006

I miss my artistic days...

Negative and positive space project. First focus on the black and the shape it gives, then reverse your focus on the white. Is it some black object stretching outward? Are they leaves? Or is it the shape of a heart in two pieces being stabbed?

Only black paint on white poster board. Supposed to be simple and harsh.




A project where I had to pick a piece of music, then create something that depicted the music using all the artistic methods I learned about: colour, texture, line, etc.

I used black silk material for the backing, painted with blue-green-purple colours for the swirls and then cut them out and glued them seperately onto the silk. I used blue, green, and white beads and various sized mirrors as well.

Silk = smooth, dark mood of the music
Swirls = mellifluous, flowing rhythm
Beads and mirrors = droplets of tinkling piano keys







A quick sketch of my self portrait in pencil. (I'm no good at faces. It looks nothing like me.)













A "line" project. Lower left of paper is geometric shapes, i.e. rectangles, triangles, straight lines... The upper right of paper shows the opposite: curves and swirls and smooth lines. A kind of night/day of lines.

I used pencil, black pen ink, and a small and large sharpie on poster board.

No comments: