Thursday, December 07, 2006

I rushed to school this morning for my retake of one of my Statistics tests, was a little late, and took it feeling like I didn't do well. But found out later that I got an 83 on it (the original grade was a 66). The test that I took Monday for Stats I got a 95 on, too. So I went over my average with my Prof. today and if I don't even take the Final (which replaces the lowest test grade), I already have a B in the class. But if I get at least an 81 on the Final, I could get an A in the class. I'm kind of still in shock. I was merely hoping to pass with a C because, let's face it, I was never very bright when it came to math. So I surprised myself. I have a B in math...and could quite possibly make an A. It's weird. I think it's Jake's fault. He wished me luck that one time and was so sure I'd do well, and I made a 97. So it's a trend now. Maybe I'll fail if he doesn't wish me luck on the Final; we should do an experiment to see... Hmm..

Also, I got my copy of The Experience today (FINALLY!). I got the last copy they had. Two of my poems are published in it. I WANT to be proud, but I know the poems aren't that great...so whatever. Mom was proud of me and I had let her read them. But during dinner she announced the math thing to everyone and then the poems thing. And dad was like "lets let mom read them to everyone" and I DO NOT like people reading my stuff out loud. It's something you can read if you deserve it, and then read silently. And when dad heard that I didn't want them to be read, he freaked out at me. He doesn't really understand much...at all. And honestly, I don't want him to read my poems. I didn't even want mom to. It's just weird. My poems are personal and I don't like sharing personal things with my parents, so...there you go. I didn't even like sharing the math thing with them. They made is a HUGE deal (which, yes, it is), but I KNOW it'll just make it harder the next time I do badly in school. I'll fail something or make a C and dad will say "Why not an A or B?". It's all just, blah. But hobblyscotch. I'm focusing too much on stupid stuff.

Anyway, my grandma was here when I came home. She recently lost a lot of her hair. She's been balding for a while now, but for some reason the past 2 weeks she's lost a lot of it. So mom went wig shopping with her today. I felt so bad for her because I imagine how difficult that would be, to lose your hair, as a woman... Anyway, her new wig looked really good and mom was making such a big deal about it and well, we all were..because she really looked good. And I gave her a makeover too. It was so nice to watch her. She was totally happy with her lovely new hair, and she kept playing with it. And then she was admiring herself in the mirror once I was done with her makeup. It was good to see her so happy.

I got out my American Girl Dolls tonight. Since we have a stupid fake christmas tree this year, it's smaller than real ones. So mom wanted me to bring the dolls out to kind of use up the space that the fake tree doesn't fill. I didn't realize how many clothes and accesories I have for these dolls. It brought back nice memories. I had fun playing with their outfits and hair. They're not like barbies, but they are like baby size. Anyway...yeah... It was fun being a little girl again..

No comments: