Friday, July 21, 2006

Broke with bad grades and a boyfriend.

Well, a lot has happened this week.

I got my second test grade back from Astronomy...the one that I wasn't prepared for because I didn't know it was that day. I got a 48...out of 100. I was shocked. I knew I didn't do too well, but a 48!? My first test grade was a 91! Gah. So I ashamedly walked up to my Prof last class and asked about extra credit. He said "Yeah, I was surprised by how you did on this test. I thought it was a completely different person that took it because of how well you're doing otherwise..." But he said he would figure out some extra credit, so that makes me quite relieved. It's go time at this point concerning my GPA, so I need to do well on this class and on the ones I'm taking in the fall. I need at least a 3.0 to transfer into FSU, and I've got like a 2.85 or something. :/ Anyway, I'm also excited because I recommended to my Prof a camping trip to the National Forest where we have star gazing..make it like an optional field trip thing. He really liked it, so I hope we get it planned. I've really been wanting to go camping. :)

I got my car fixed, but it cost about $1600! My dad's income is based on commision and he hasn't sold many machines this month and his truck just needed $700 repairs. Originally he was going to cover half of my car repairs (which we thought was only going to be $1000), but he can only do $500. So I have to pay $1100 of it, which is practically most of my savings. I'll have a few hundred not used after paying for the repairs. It's really depressing because it's taken me a while to save up this money (which is meant for traveling and school). But it's strange because I SHOULD feel a lot more depressed about losing all that money, but I'm not. I wish I didn't have to get rid of it, but I've pretty much accepted it as a fact of life...things need to be paid for...and we just have to deal with it.

AND...

I have a boyfriend! Yes...it happened over this week. His name is Nathan and he's wonderful. He makes me laugh, I'm always smiling around him, he treats me all special, and he's so handsome. I feel so lucky. The past guys I've dated were all guys that weren't anything special, but with Nathan I actually feel like I don't deserve him. He seems like the kind of guy that would never want to date me (because he's so cute and i'm just regular)...but he really wants me. I keep finding myself asking him if he's sure he wants me as his girlfriend...but each time he says "Yes" and that he won't change his mind. I don't know...this is weird because it's unlike any of my previous relationships. All I know is that I'm happy with him, although a part of me is just waiting for the moment when he changes his mind. It's so hard to trust without doubts...

No comments: